Save money and energy this winter with these tips
If you’re having some trouble finding ways to save money and energy this winter, then let us help you with these tips and tricks to get great deals on the things you need. We know it can be tough at this time of year with all the additional expenses of Christmas to deal with, so let us help take some of the pressure off.
Saving money on home heating oil
At SuperSaverOil.com we pass on any savings we can to our customers – so that’s why when the price of oil fluctuates, our prices do the same. We like to help our customers as much as possible when it comes to saving money on home heating oil, so here’s what we recommend:
- Keep an eye on the prices and order when it’s low – you can get an instant quote 24/7 using our online form
- Order as much home heating oil as you can afford at the time for a more economical cost per unit
- Delivery costs are reduced when the deliveries are grouped together, so check when the cheapest day for delivery would be for you.
- Make sure you keep your thermostats at the recommended levels for heating your room efficiently without wasting any energy
- Protect your home heating oil with anti-theft measures like an oil tank lock
Budgeting tips for the winter
In the winter, we tend to spend more time at home so our heating and electricity bills will naturally increase. If this sounds alarming to you and you want to minimise the impact this will have on your purse, here are some easy budgeting tips for the winter:
- Take advantage of high street offers like 3 for 2 gift sets – what you don’t give away as presents can be used at home
- Track your daily and weekly spending so that you can monitor your money – when you notice the spend starting to creep up one week, you’ll know that you have to reign it in the next week
- Set budgets for presents and food shopping and stick to them rigidly – try to pay in cash so that you are always aware of how much you are handing over at the till
Energy saving tips for the winter
These tips will help you make the most of your home heating oil spend, and ensure that you stick to your budgets without feeling like you have to sacrifice too much.
- Get your boiler serviced – not only is it essential for safety reasons, it will also help it to work more efficiently and allow you to maximise your heating oil. While this might incur an initial expense, you’ll see long term savings which will more than make up for it.
- Turn your electronic devices off standby
- Only have your Christmas tree lit when you are in the house – never leave it switched off when you’re out and about
- Always put a full load of washing on, but only boil the kettle with the water you need to save energy when it comes to water usage – it’s better for the environment too.